- Tea in bed
- Mimosas: 1 oz freshly squeezed orange juice in a champagne flute; then fill to the rim with champagne or cava*
- For him, oatmeal with milk and sugar (his unwavering breakfast, no matter what); for me (the wanna-be low-carber), two poached eggs on a bed of sautéed spinach, onion and garlic, seasoned with salt, pepper and lemon
- For him, a soft-boiled egg (in an egg cup) with toast
- Bananas Foster
- Café Caen (from American Bar: The Artistry of Mixing Drinks): brandy, Grand Marnier, hot coffee, whipped cream, sugar
After that breakfast (and at Birthday-Boy's request), we didn’t prepare a lunch (although I ate some leftover moussaka straight from the fridge).
- Aperitif: cava (leftover from breakfast!)
- Green salad lightly dressed with vinaigrette
- Roast chicken with roast potatoes, roasted carrots, roasted parsnips and creamed leeks
- Robert Mondavi 2003 Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley)
- Apple, prune and brandy crisp, topped with leftover whipped cream from morning Café Caen
A Great Day.
*Cava is the Spanish version of French champagne, and it is far less expensive than its French counterpart. You can get a highly rated bottle of cava from wine.com for under $10. We buy it by the case!