Saturday, May 19, 2007

Lloyd Alexander

Until this evening, I hadn't thought of Lloyd Alexander in YEARS.


He transformed my tenth summer--I read all the Chronicles of Prydain that summer and wept when they ended, all too soon.

I remember learning the word "bauble" from the first book.

I just heard on NPR that he's passed away.

He was the creator of some magical children's stories. I so wish I could make such magic.

Were you a friend of Taran the Pig Keeper and Eilonwy?

I wanted to BE Eilonwy.


(BTW, I sort of think he looks like Al, but Al says he looks like a skeleton with a nose. Hmmm....)

4 comments:

Ari said...

I think it's great you wanted to be Princess Eilonwy. I wanted to be Fflewddur Flam!

Stephanie said...

I loved his books. And I think Al is on to something....

Anonymous said...

Al is so much better looking than this guy. The only thing they have in common is that they are both skinny Englishmen.

Elizabeth said...

I thought Alexander was English too--but it turns out he's from PA!