Thursday, February 8, 2007

Charity Knitting: recipient found!


So I found someone who wanted my funky hats that are part of my charity knitting effort!

I was in the coffee shop with a crafting group I recently joined. (We drink coffee and knit/paint/embroider for an hour or so on Thursdays. Heaven!)

The coffee shop is a gathering place of local artists and activists who like good coffee and today's New York Times, and I ran into the director of the local Peace and Justice Center. When I told her that I was looking for an outlet for my charity knitting efforts, she said she needed door prizes for a benefit event happening this Saturday. Et voila!



My hats will help raise funds for the upcoming 2007 Synergy Fest , a community festival raising awareness about sustainable energy, environmental politics, and local ecology issues, as well as promoting local artisans through an Arts & Crafts Village.


Happy ending.