Sunday, February 4, 2007

Charity Knitting


What does one do on a weekend when one's internet service keeps going down?

After the kicking and screaming, I got down to cooking (Asian extravaganza!) and crafting--and also Sunday chores and some real work on the computer work for which I could forgo being online and from which I was not distracted by Blogger and Gmail.

But back to the fun stuff:
I own more yarn that is morally acceptable. I have entire pieces of furniture (like the decoupaged faux wood chest of drawers) that exists to do nothing but hold yarn.

I also like to knit wacky things that no one I know will wear. (My gift recipients are a rather conservative lot. )

So I have decided to knit fun things and then give them to charity---either to people who would like something warm to wear or to a funky charity who could sell them to their funky members and raise some much-needed moolah.

The hats shown above are my efforts of the weekend so far. Hats are great because they are super quick, and you don't need much of one color--so I can use up random bits from my yarn stash.
My inspiration is a fabulous book: 45 Fine & Fanciful Hats to Knit. I've made a stacked star hat (left), a beret (right), and a toque (midddle) is in progress.

No comments: