Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Eraser Evangelism



I am not sure why I am moved to do an unofficial product endorsement (grimace!), but I need to tell someone about my new discovery.

I live a fairly isolated, non-mainstream life, and so I had never heard of the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Sponge until my friend Steph blogged about its amazing powers.

And then I forgot about it--until yesterday, when I bought its cousin, SCOTCH-BRITE 4004CC HAND PAD,EASY ERASING--also available in bulk: Scotch-Brite Easy Erasing Pad (MCO4004CC).

Wow!

I have lived for ten years in a house which was never painted, but which has what is called "builder's primer" on the walls.


This means that when I squash a bug or spill tea onto a wall (it happens), I cannot really wash it off, because the primer rubs off and I see drywall. Result: ugly, dirty, shameful walls.

(You might well ask, "Why not paint your walls?" Answer: because it is isn't my house; it is a loaner from my employer, and I am not sure (1) if it is permitted and (2) how much energy I want to put into a house that is not really mine.)

But back to Scotch-Brite!

Have you seen this amazing technology? I wet the pad, I rub it on a stain, et voila! No more stain. It makes me want to buy a case and just rub every surface in my house until it is all unblemished. It is magical.

Is there some horrible, hidden environmental catch (besides the obvious one of using something non-recyclable)? What kinds of chemicals allow this magic to happen? Does anyone know?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You know, I really hope there isn't a catch. It cleans so well. (I'm assuming your sponge is the same as my sponge...they look similar)