Sunday, March 25, 2007

I'm back!


The International Board is gone. I got my life back this afternoon, and now I have to catch up on all the things I have been ignoring since last Wednesday.

I'm a bit sleepy and overwhelmed--not sure where to begin. I need to dig out from under my backlog and also keep up with this week. It's all a bit scary.

What I really want to do right now is catch up on the blogs I 've missed last week and cook something really spicy.

And drink Scotch--which I didn't think I liked, but I now have in abundance. My excellent South African house guest brought us a huge bottle of single malt, and we savored a bit into the wee hours on Friday night.

And then I was awarded a bottle of private label blended Scotch last night by the Major General, who thanked me for "keeping the troops in order."

I was bossy as hell all week with people who were intimidatingly important. An ex-SAS guy actually came up to me (as I was hunting for him, since he was late for a meeting) and ask me if he was in trouble. He absolutely was. And I told him so.

It was like herding cats. I think I prefer teenagers--who are moodier but less maddeningly independent.

No comments: