Monday, April 9, 2007

Distraction


I haven't been blogging the last few days.

And why not?

Because I am totally consumed by Webkinz.

I spent hours this weekend playing the Tile game (online Mahjong), Candy Bash ( in which a sombrero-wearing chihuahua throws beans at pinatas), both Cash Cow and Cash Cow 2, and DiceKinz. I have dressed my monkey, decorated its room, gone mining for jewels, played a kind of slot machine...HOURS of my life that I will never get back.

But oh what fun I had. I played until my hand fell asleep from holding the mouse.

I was just about to renounce this whole deal--after all, I am an adult with Important Things To Do.

But then my four nephews all received Webkinz from the Easter Bunny.

Which means that I now might actually have friends to play with...

Before you heap too much scorn upon me, let me explain:

My nephews have two aunts. The Super Aunt lives but an hour's train ride away and spends mucho time with the nephews. She even blogs about them.

I am the Bad Aunt. Not only do I live 2016.05 miles away (according to MapQuest), but I forget their birthdays and do not call or write very often.

But I really, really like my guys.

So how cool would it be if I could play with them once a week--or even every day--online?

Tonight I played (virtually) with their mother: she visited my room, I visited hers; we played DiceKinz; she won.

With Webkinz, I can send their animal counterparts virtual presents; we can play games, chat, eat, exercise--until we're exhausted.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am delighted (and somewhat mystified) that you liked your birthday present. It was a joke gift and I expected it would turn up in your seven things pile. If it helps to communicate with the boys, so much the better.

I am quite sure they do not think of you as the "bad" aunt. I expect you are the "faraway" aunt, now a little closer, what with webkinz games. Try not to analyze, just enjoy.

Mom

Elizabeth said...

To clarify: I don't actually play with the soft toy monkey--which may wind up in my seven things; I do play in the online virutal world which the soft toy enabled me to join. :)

Bridget said...

What cute little boys! I love the different expressions on their faces in the first picture.

BTW, I nominated you for a Thinking Bloggers Award - I hope that's OK! I'm so glad I found your blog, I've already started to think of a lot of things very differently ...

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Thanks, Bridget!

Beth said...

p.s. you're far from being the 'bad' aunt... you're actually the 'cool' aunt now... i didn't take to the webkinz craze...

picperfic said...

aww..you're the best sort of aunty to have...no pressure and you're nuts! Love the photos, especially the last one!