Monday, April 30, 2007

Knit Nano Necklace II


A follow-up to my last post.

I used this pattern and some leftover sock yarn, as Kristi suggests.

My execution of her pattern was not perfect, but the product is serviceable.

The fun new technique, which I haven't quite mastered, was i-cord all around the pouch--picking up and knitting while i-cording, which makes a very strong pouch and a very well-attached cord.

If I made another, I'd make a flap and a button hole. (But it is hard to imagine one would need more than one Nano Necklace.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So does it work? Or does it hang down too much and hit the floor when you are scrubing? I guess you'll have to wait for the weekend chores to find out how practical it actually is.
Sue

Elizabeth said...

Well, so far, it works as I walk around the house...and the knitted case protects it when I bump into things.

But for scrubbing floors, I think I'll have to tuck the necklace inside my shirt--which will certainly be more comfortable than inside my bra!

Anonymous said...

oh, and if I failed to mention it before: It is really cute! You did a great job!
sue

Elizabeth said...

Thanks! DO you need one? I have more of that yarn.