Monday, April 2, 2007

Witchy Woman


I know. This looks REALLY out of season, but I needed to report that I finished the black stacked star hat for Sylvie from my Kaffee Klatsch.

She wanted a star hat from 45 Fine & Fanciful Hats to Knit: Berets, Toques, Cones, Stars, Pentagons, and More, but she wanted no colors, no fair isle--she wanted black, black, black.

Since that sounded very boring, I added some fun-fur trim around the edges.

The resulting effort is a bigger hat than I intended (I guess the yarn was a bit thicker than worsted), and it looks distinctly witchy on me.

The good news is that I used up two and a half skeins from my huge stash of random yarn.

A side note: Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of yourself? I tried the mirror but got only flash (couldn't figure out how to turn off the flash...) and then just stuck my arm out in front of me and randomly clicked until I got some shots that actually showed the hat (as well as the scary bug-eyes).

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well, I'm partial to the lower photo. :) You look lovely, and it seems like a cool hat!

Bridget said...

Great hat!

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know how to turn the flash off ...

Anonymous said...

Lovely hat! I'm yet to take a successful self-portrait.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I love the hat, and you have such gorgeous eyes! And yes, taking a photo of yourself is a lot harder than it looks--getting the angle correct and flattering is nearly impossible, and yet, you've done it :)

Anonymous said...

You are prettier than your picture and older than you look. The hat is not you. Can you knit a floppy brimmed Rosey hat? That is you, as I will always think of you, circa 1974.

Happy birthday.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks, all.

Mom, Alan says the pictures do not look like me either--but the camrea doesn't lie. Remember how I made the babies in Tokyo cry just by looking at them with my weird monster eyes?

What with my mole and my scary eyeballs, I think I am very witchy indeed. There must be power in that!

I guess you are both influenced by my stunning personality. ;)

Taoknitter said...

I love your pics...nice to meet your face! My Maggie would love that hat...might have to try it.